NOW HIRING: ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER
As a firm receiving the Fostering Emerging Professionals AIA Award for the past several years, Murphy & Dittenhafer Architects has a rare opening to join our studio in the role of Architectural Designer, working in either our York, PA office or our Baltimore, MD office.
Interesting & Design Focused Projects.
We really enjoy what we do – working with each other – and with a diverse group of clients on an array of exciting and interesting commissions – studies, master plans, renovations, new construction, adaptive reuse, and historic preservation – for colleges/universities, K-12 schools, local governments, commercial businesses, faith-based institutions, libraries, and recreational facilities – to name just a few. Our goal is to develop the best and most innovative design that reflects the needs and style of our clients, while creating spaces that make a positive contribution to the human experience. Our designs are beautiful, convenient, enduring, safe – and inspiring.
Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn, and our blog: murphydittenhafer.com.
Murphy & Dittenhafer Architects promotes an integrated approach to architecture, planning and interior design. Originally, launched in 1985, our studio has grown over the years to include architects, interior designers, and support staff. Our team of seasoned professionals and emerging talent puts optimism, energy, and imagination to work. Our practice centers around the Mid-Atlantic Region, operating from offices located in York, PA and Baltimore, MD.
About the Position
Our firm is the right size for staff to have opportunities to collaborate with Principals and Senior Architects. If you have design thoughts and ideas, they will be heard – even implemented! Architectural Designers are provided with well-rounded exposure to all that the field of Architecture encompasses:
• Creative and innovative solutions
• Site survey and field verification activities
• 3-D renderings and animations
• Preparation of materials for presentations
• Collaborating with internal project teams and engineering consultants
• Product and system research
• Input and demonstrating design aptitude for Planning, Conceptual, and Schematic Design options
• Production of design documents and detailed/fully-coordinated construction documents
• Awareness of evolving design trends, building codes, technology, and systems
This is a great opportunity to work with talented people in one of the area’s premier creative design environments. M&D staff enjoy:
• Competitive compensation
• Flexible Work Schedule Options
• M&D Day – an annual tradition that includes good food and company while touring our projects
• Paid Parking
• Paid Holidays & Vacation (including a week off between Christmas & New Year’s)
• Medical, prescription, dental, vision and Disability Insurance
• Profit Sharing & Employer matched 401k
• Professional Registration/Continuing Education Assistance
Qualified candidates will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture and a passion for design
• 3-5 years of experience (preferred)
• Strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team setting to meet deadlines
• Intrinsic motivation
• Good organization and problem-solving skills
• Pursuit of Architectural Registration and/or LEED Certification
• Proficiency in CAD, Revit, Sketchup, and other graphic/animation presentation platforms such as Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Power Point, etc.
Take the Next Step
Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn, and our blog: murphydittenhafer.com. If you like what you see, email your cover letter, resume, and portfolio (if available) to email@example.com for immediate consideration. Please indicate the desired office – York, PA or Baltimore, MD.